Friday, December 24, 2010

Weather updates!!! Record crowds

Be sure and check the blog for weather updates as the rain ultimately trips the GFCI's hence many light displays are hindered or inoperative. However if at all possible, I will keep the trail open!

Thank God my neighbors put up with me! The traffic from 6-9 was awesome! Cars were backed up all the way to Lacrosse. People are so grateful :-)

The donation money as well as clothing donations are beyond what I ever expected.
I personally am not good with any sort of gifts much less asking for monetary donations to help cover the huge expenses we have accrued. We have already handed out a large chunk of the clothing donations to Mobile Loaves. I had a homeless guy named Scott call me yesterday and ask for coats and blankets. I am going to meet him today if he calls me back. We have also donated $125.00 to Christmas Bureau. The majority of the clothing with go to Austin Angel House on Cesar Chavez. I will be heading there today. My good friend Jim pacey with the YMCA stopped by last night. My company is a contributor to their Partner of Youth! What a gift for an organization to help kids and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment