Saturday, December 18, 2010

Hot Cocoa night was a hit!

Hot Chocolate and donuts were a hit!
My neighbors Steve and Monique Price who own Shipley Donuts were gracious enough to supply 30 dozen donuts! Their son Evan took charge of the operation and did a brilliant job!
Hundreds of folks showed up for the event.

I think last night was the first time I really took in the trail. Seeing all the smiles, the kids having a ball, the comments, and the general gratitude was quite moving for me. A bit on the sad side that my folks never got to witness my creative side (which I have zero artistic ability) ....hehehe aka know as OCD!

Many friends and their families stopped by last night. For that moment, it was not about bills, money, holiday blues, sadness...it was about how we all have that little kid in us who truly loves the camaraderie, lights, music and sweets of course! If you have not had the chance to witness the trail, I hope you can make it by.

My mind is already thinking about next year; what I am going to add, the location of many displays, new light schemes, etc. I rarely ever utilize the same plat for the displays. Having no plan can be a bit overwhelming however I guess that's why one can interpret this craziness as art!

No comments:

Post a Comment